Have you ever looked in the mirror and wished your teeth were straight, but worry about what braces for adults would look like? Are you self-conscious about your smile? Do you ever worry that because you never did anything to correct your crowded teeth, you may have health problems later in life? If so, we’d like to assure you that we can help because adult braces have come a long way and there are many options to choose from!
It seems like not so long ago that braces were mainly used to treat children and teens only for orthodontic needs. Parents naturally put their children first and provided braces for them when they were needed, but never did anything to correct their own problems. The good news is, there is still time for adult braces! More and more adults are turning to braces to correct a multitude of problems that were not addressed when they were younger.
At A Perfect Smile Orthodontics McAllen, all we do is braces! And believe it or not, approximately half of our clients are adults, some even in their forties and fifties!
Interested in learning more about adult braces? We offer a free, no-obligation consultation!
Call us at 956-621-7907, and schedule your appointment!
Great Reasons to Get Braces as an Adult:
Less Visible: We are proud to offer our patients many options for our orthodontic treatment. Traditional braces and gold braces are very popular, but there are other options that are less noticeable like clear braces or Invisalign. Both clear braces and Invisalign yield outstanding results allow both adults and children to show off their best smiles without the look of traditional orthodontic appliances.
Less Expensive: We understand how important orthodontic treatment and achieving their best smile is to our patients and don’t want cost to be a barrier. We are proud to offer a wide range of payment options for treatment to make them affordable for just about everyone.
More Comfortable: Again, new innovative technology has made the teeth straightening process much less painful. In almost all cases, any discomfort felt while pressure is placed on the teeth to help move them into the desired position can be alleviated with over-the-counter Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
Are You Still on the Fence About Whether or Not to Get Braces?
Here are a few of the most important reasons to get braces as an adult:
- Self-esteem and Confidence: As your teeth move into a more pleasing position, your self-esteem will be boosted tremendously! People will comment about how great you look, and best of all, you don’t have to worry about covering your mouth or grinning from ear to ear!
- Avoid Serious Dental Problems: As a person ages, misaligned teeth can cause serious health issues or tooth loss. The longer a person lives, the greater the possibility of plaque, tartar, or food collecting between your teeth can occur that can lead to cavities, decaying teeth, and periodontal or gum disease.
- Secondary Pain: Problems such as earaches, nasal, and headaches could develop from a bad or poor bite. TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) symptoms can come from grinding or clenching your teeth or toothaches. By correcting your bite and teeth alignment with orthodontic treatment, you can treat and prevent TMJ/TMD pain from occurring.
- Gastrointestinal Problems: If you are unable to chew or swallow your food properly because of an improper bite, you can develop uncomfortable gastrointestinal issues.
- Avoid Overall Health Issues Caused by Bad Teeth: Overcrowded or crooked teeth can make it difficult to brush or floss your teeth, which makes it easier for plaque or tartar to accumulate. The more plaque and tartar on your teeth and gums, the greater your chances are of developing gum disease. Gum disease and the more advanced stage, periodontal disease, can put you at greater risk of losing your teeth and facing health risks and conditions associated with periodontal diseases such as heart disease, stroke, premature births, diabetes, and respiratory disease.
The bottom line is that it’s never too late to get braces and take care of your oral health. As an adult, you can take the time to invest in your orthodontic care to achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of! Dr. David Taylor and the entire staff at A Perfect Smile Orthodontics McAllen can help to guide you with your options to make healthy decisions for your oral health and improvement of your appearance!
Our commitment to you:
Taking control of your health and wellbeing by choosing braces does not have to be an uncomfortable, dull process. Dr. Taylor and the staff here at A Perfect Smile Orthodontics are committed to making your process as educating and fun as possible.
We provide contests and rewards to add to the enjoyment of orthodontic treatment. We send a progress record of your treatment to your dentist directly which provides ultimate care, communication, and attention to every individual patient.
Every patient’s orthodontic treatment is based on an individualized treatment plan. The practice’s unique patient management system concentrates on state-of-the-art technology (including low-radiation, e-mail capable digital X-rays) and patient-centered aesthetics. We use the latest and greatest management and imaging software and our office treatment area is paperless. We would like to keep it a green environment.
Our 25 seat HD movie theater in the reception area and flat-screen tv’s throughout our practice make every visit fun and relaxing for both kids and adults.
Come in For a Free, No-obligation Consultation!
We do all we can to make it possible to receive high-quality treatment with in-house, interest-free financing, with low monthly payments, while offering quality care with excellent results. We believe that financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining a healthy, beautiful smile. Being sensitive to the fact that people have different needs in meeting their financial obligations, we provide several payment options and will go over these with you at the time of your consultation.
We will do a complete exam to include digital x-rays and go over every possible option with you so that you are well-informed of how we can help you create your perfect smile! There is no charge for the initial consultation and we will take the time to explain the process, answer all of your questions. Let us show you how to get a fabulous smile!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and strive to make each and every patient feel welcome!