Welcome to the New Age of Braces!
If you are considering braces for yourselves or if you have concerns about your appearance or ability to speak well while undergoing treatment — the good news is, as, with most things in life, braces have advanced considerably over the years!
At A Perfect Smile Orthodontics, we offer the most advanced options for straightening your teeth. We have so many options to choose from, you will be able to tailor your orthodontic experience to suit your individual personality.
How do I know if I should get braces?
It goes without saying that crooked teeth require orthodontic treatment, but did you know that braces are used to treat many more conditions as well? Here are a few examples:
- Overbite: This is when the upper teeth sit in front of the lower teeth. When the person bites down, the upper teeth come over the lower teeth and there is not a proper bite occurring, Overbite is normally caused by either a) genetics b) poor oral care or c) overdevelopment of the jawbone that holds the teeth. In addition to cosmetic reasons to correct this, it can cause painful jaw and joint problems as well as gum problems and sometimes wear on the lower teeth which are being impacted.
- Underbite: Underbite is the reverse of overbite above. When a person with underbite closes his teeth together, the lower teeth slip over the upper teeth. As with overbite, this can cause jaw and jaw joint issues as well are tooth wear.
- Open Bite: Open bite is when teeth that are supposed to come together do not, leaving open space between the teeth. This can cause problems with chewing, and even speech impairment. It can also lead to greater issues like problems with the jaw joint (the thermo-mandibular joint, often referred to as TMJ problems).
- Crossbite: This can occur when the upper and lower jaws are both misaligned. It causes one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth and can happen on both the front and the sides of the mouth. This can cause wear of the teeth, gum disease, and bone loss.
- Gaps in Teeth: Gaps between teeth can be caused by missing teeth, causing other teeth to move to fill the empty space. Gaps can also come from abnormal jawbone growth. In either case, the teeth no longer properly protect the gum and, in addition to cosmetic reasons for correcting important health issues such as periodontal disease, can come from gaps in teeth.
- Overly Crowded Teeth: When there is not enough room in your jaw for all your teeth, then over-crowding results. Teeth get pushed around and you can end up over time with very crooked teeth, Also the way that teeth get jammed up against each other can make it hard to properly brush and floss resulting in more problems with tooth decay and plaque.
As you can see, braces do so much more than simply straightening teeth. They also offer considerable health benefits which include: Prevention of gum disease, tooth decay, cavities, bone erosion, and injury, as well as improved speech and higher self-esteem.
Let us help get you started:
We will answer your questions, discuss your treatment and payment options, and take the time to ensure you are comfortable and confident with your orthodontic process.
Next up? Choose your braces. We offer a variety of options that include:
- Traditional Braces: Traditional braces are a combination of wire, elastic bands, and plastic brackets that are fitted onto your teeth. Traditional metal brackets are now much smaller and flatter, making them less noticeable and more comfortable. Metal braces are typically made of stainless steel or titanium.
- Gold Braces: Here’s another cool option for colored braces. Now, you can opt for gold braces too! Particularly popular with female patients, they are like jewelry for your teeth and make quite a fashion statement! The brackets and the connecting wires are gold, creating a very aesthetic flair to your smile. Aside from the fact that they are gold and look like a million dollars, they function just like traditional braces.
- Clear Braces: Clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. They offer a fantastic aesthetic alternative for patients seeking options other than traditional metal braces. Clear braces offer the discipline of traditional braces, without the embarrassment or self-esteem issues that metal braces can sometimes result in. For those whose professions involve public speaking or interaction with people, clear braces can be a good option to straighten your teeth in a way that is barely noticeable to others if at all.
Our commitment to you:
Taking control of your health and wellbeing by choosing braces does not have to be an uncomfortable, dull process. Dr. Taylor and the staff here at A Perfect Smile Orthodontics are committed to making your process as educating and fun as possible.
We provide contests and rewards to add to the enjoyment of orthodontic treatment. We send a progress record of your treatment to your dentist directly which provides ultimate care, communication, and attention to every individual patient.
Every patient’s orthodontic treatment is based on an individualized treatment plan. The practice’s unique patient management system concentrates on state-of-the-art technology (including low-radiation, e-mail capable digital X-rays) and patient-centered aesthetics. We use the latest and greatest management and imaging software and our office treatment area is paperless. We would like to keep it a green environment.
Our 25 seat HD movie theater in the reception area and flat-screen tv’s throughout our practice make every visit fun and relaxing for both kids and adults.
We do all we can to make it possible to receive high-quality treatment with in-house, interest-free financing, with low monthly payments, while offering quality care with excellent results. We believe that financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining a healthy, beautiful smile. Being sensitive to the fact that people have different needs in meeting their financial obligations, we provide several payment options.
Call us today, we are happy to help you get started on Your Perfect Smile journey!